Thursday, June 26, 2014

4 Years Married

June 26.

Today's date marks the best party I have ever attended, the most fun I have ever had, and the most confident decision I have ever made. In many ways it feels like the time has flown by, but at the same time, it seems like it has always been this way. Haven't I always been doing life married to this remarkable man? I can't imagine things any other way.

It's natural for days like this to cause me to reminisce about the past and dream about the future. Not too long ago, I asked Kevin about the day we first said "I love you" to each other. Where were we? Who said it first? What was the context? Because well...I couldn't remember. Kev did though. I did remember the part about it taking three whole days after we were officially dating for us to drop the "L-bomb" as a sweet friend of mine so affectionately calls it. THREE DAYS. I always say he was so easy to fall in love with. 
And it's the truth.

And he is still so easy to love. Yes. Marriage is the best. And yes. Waking up married to Kevin Dickerson is hands-down my favorite part about my everyday. But marriage is also hard. And it is the most vulnerable thing I have ever been a part of. The more difficult parts only emphasize our need for a Savior. And the more beautiful parts only emphasize just how good He is to us. And there is no one else on the whole planet I would rather be on this sanctifying journey with than the man I call my husband.

So, happy 4 year anniversary, my love. My whole heart is yours, but somehow you find a way to steal it away time and time again. 
You are my best friend. 
I'll love you forever and ever... 



No comments:

Post a Comment