Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Bumpdate: Month 8


Ah, summertime. 
Dates with lovely lady friends. Afternoon naps. New trial-and-error recipes. 4th of July (and a killer celebration to go with). Out-of-town visits from some of my favorite people. 
And my day-to-day with a belly that is taking over. 

The heat is officially not my friend. And that's ok. I've just had a hard time embracing the fact that I feel, well, pregnant. I've been bee-bopping along for about 31 weeks straight without a pregnancy care in the world (thank you, Lord). And while I'm well aware of the fact that I could be experiencing symptoms way worse than the ones that have recently shown face, it still stinks having to recognize them as a part of me. For now at least. The aches and pains are the toughest to tolerate. But tolerate them I will. Not because I don't have a choice, but because it means that our baby boy is growing and thriving. 
I know because my body reminds me almost every moment of every day :). 

Lots more updates to come in the near future, but for now I'll end with a few highlights of my pregnancy as of late.

I love what a couple of ladies I follow do in their blogs when it comes to their preggo updates, so for this entry, I thought I'd try it!

How far along: 
33 weeks (month 8!)

Name: 
Nolan Dorsey Dickerson

Wearing: 
A friend let me borrow a pair of maternity yoga-type pants, and I have been LIVING in those. I recently (finally) bought a new pair of pajama pants that FIT and bring me so much nighttime joy. I love my maternity shorts, and skirts are a fave too. Anything to help me beat the heat and feel less constricted.

Sleeping?
Eh. Most nights, yes, with at least one wake-up in the middle that's due to my overactive bladder or jumping jacking son. Or probably both.

Movement:
Heck to the YES. So, so much. Hiccups still happen on the regular and I absolutely love to feel them. One thing Nolan does not lack? Strength. And wiggle room. I still love watching my belly dance.

Cravings:
More like "fixations." I'll get hooked on a thing or two for about a week or so before finding something new to love. These days, I want lemonade, chips & salsa, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. 
And no. Thankfully not at the same time :). I'm hoping to long for healthier things again soon.

Symptoms: 
Affectionally termed (by me) "swolled up," I'm doing my best to embrace the swollen appendages. Most days, my chubby feet do make me chuckle.

What I'm loving:
Our bedtime routine. Kev and I read Baby N a story every night before calling it a day.

What's new:
Couponing. I'm determined to make this a weekly habit in an effort to contribute to our family financially in a super practical way. I actually kind of enjoy it and hope to get my act together more and more each week. The savings are coming in baby steps.

Confession:
I've set the Divergent series to the side for now and started reading my first parenting book (tonight, actually). I received the book, On Becoming Baby Wise as a gift and have heard really great things about it. Here's to trying new things!

Looking forward to:
Our birthing class in a couple of weekends! And the baby shower being thrown by the sweetest ladies in Savannah! Seriously love my community here and the people we get to do life with.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading this! Its so encouraging and reassuring to hear about what other 1st-time pregnant mamas are doing to cope and embrace this exciting season of life!! You are doing AMAZING and little Nolan is so lucky to call you his! XOXO

    ReplyDelete