Thursday, January 1, 2015

Year 2014 Recap

Happy New Year!

We spent a quiet, relaxed New Year's Eve at home this year with a couple of friends who recently became our neighbors. They live just a few blocks away, and we are so excited to do more life with them. 
Some big things happened for us in 2014.

Let's recap:

I experienced pregnancy and all of its summer heat glory.

20 weeks

36 weeks

I decided not to renew my teaching contract for the 2014-2015 school year to stay at home with our growing baby boy. Going from two incomes to one had its challenges (and most definitely still does), but God has graciously met every need plus some. 
Yes, I miss teaching. Some days badly. And I hope to do it again some day.
But I'm meant to be home. I long to be home.
Not a day goes by that I don't appreciate a husband who enables me to do just that.

We bought a house in Savannah in June and fulfilled the dream of living on a numbered street.
And it was while living in this home that we went from
THIS

to THIS

This year I learned what it's like for a heart to burst.
With pure, all-consuming JOY.
We've made more lifelong friends and gained new neighbors.
Marriage is still my favorite, and, by God's grace, ours is even stronger. 
Kev, you truly are my best friend.
You're also the most incredible dad, and I still swoon as I watch you do it best. 
And Nolan. 
You came.
Our lives will never be the same. 
It's so hard to say what having a child does to you. To your marriage. To your everything. Besides marriage, parenting is the most trying, giving, and sanctifying thing I've ever experienced. And even then, it's just different. We absolutely LOVE being your mom and dad, Nolan Dorsey.




Lord, our prayer is that You'd draw us nearer to You and teach us more about Your story. I pray that we'll understand the Gospel more and more and more and live in light of it.
Every moment of everyday we need it.

*A special thanks to our good friend, Craig, for our most recent family pictures!*

No comments:

Post a Comment