Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Bumpdate: Month 9

HOW in the world did I get here? Just yesterday, we were finding out we were pregnant, and then it could have only been hours ago that we found out we'd welcome a son in August. Am I right? Now here we are. August begins...um...TOMORROW.

There are so many indicators that this is actually happening. Us having a baby, I mean. My belly is most definitely not shrinking. My BabyBump app tells me we have a mere 26 days left until Baby N's due date. We have a way to get him home and a place for him to lay his head once he gets here. We had our last 36-week ultrasound yesterday, and little man is all geared up for delivery. He's in the best possible position and according to his measurements, he's estimated to arrive 5 days earlier than his anticipated due date and could weigh as much as 6 lb, 12 oz already! We'll see if he holds true to that when he comes. My guess is that he'll weigh less but what he lacks in muscle mass he'll make up for in his leg length. I'm convinced he's got the longest legs. I love the stats, but it's so fun to just imagine what he'll be like and look like face-to-face.
I can hardly wait.

How far along:
36 1/2 weeks

Name:
Nolan Dorsey Dickerson

Wearing:
My wardrobe hasn't changed much over the last month. I'm all about comfort, not style, these days. And my latest fashion trend? Compression socks. Oh yes. Cutie alert! They're ridiculous, and I don't even care. My doctor recommended them for my swelling ankles and feet, so I'm trying them out for the first time today. Already they feel less sore. Thank you, Lord.

Sleeping?
Like a rock. Since we moved into the house just shy of a week ago, I haven't even gotten up for my routine bathroom breaks in the middle of the night. I can't even describe how tired I am when my head hits the pillow each night. And that's with a nap or two happening during the day.

Movement:
Yes. Yes. And yes.

Cravings:
Cinnamon Toast Crunch is still a winner. The only reason I'm not eating it these days? We ran out. Bagels and cream cheese are also a new fixation. Mmmmm.

Symptoms:
As previously mentioned, I'm trying with all my might to conquer these swollen feet/ankles and still be a mobile, somewhat active, human being. It's really the only pregnancy "complaint" I have, so I'm thankful. I thought heartburn might become an issue, but it stayed at bay.

What I'm loving:
Despite the aches and pains that have accompanied my preggo self these last several weeks, I wouldn't trade the way my husband has cared for me every single step of the way. And y'all...that is not an exaggeration. He is seriously the best caretaker. It's in his nature, and I've had the pleasure of experiencing it ever since we started dating. From my sickest to achiest of days, he's been right by my side. Making sure I'm looked after around the clock. He rubs my ankles, ices my feet, and helps me pick out the best-fitting compression socks. Now if that's not love, then I don't know what is.
From the bottom of my heart:
Thank you, babe.

What's new:
Hardwood floors. I'm loving them. And our new neighborhood that we call home!

Accomplishment(s):
We attended our birthing class! Lots of information. Lots. But I feel way more prepared and comfortable with what I'm heading into. I feel much less naive and much more in tune with what will be happening on the big day.
Our Savannah friends and family celebrated Nolan with the most wonderful baby shower recently. So much love and grace was shown by the giving hearts of those women, and we could not be more thankful. One of the gifts I received was a prenatal massage from a sweet, certified friend. She came to my house on Tuesday and treated me to the most relaxing hour I've had in a very, VERY long time. I hope to get at least one more before the term "prenatal" no longer applies ;).
In less than two weeks (with the help of SO many), we managed to close on our house, paint it, clean it, and have all of our stuff moved in and (somewhat) organized. We have a ways to go, but it's coming along nicely!

Looking forward to:
A visit from sweet friends in just a few short days for some maternity pictures!
Immediately followed by an extended visit from my mom and brother! Mom is going to help me with the final touches on Nolan's nursery while Bub and Kev get some house/yard work done. Just the time spent with them and their company will be heavenly. Love and miss them tons! We'll miss you, Daddio!
And of course...we are MOST looking forward to meeting our little boy. I feel so at peace about becoming a mom. Are we ready? Never. But we're definitely ready to try. We love you so much already, baby boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment