Friday, December 30, 2016

My Golden Birthday

Yesterday, I turned 29 on the 29th!
I didn't even know Golden Birthdays were a thing until a handful of months ago, but I have to admit, it's pretty cool!

I took pictures throughout my day, so I'll let them do the talking on how fun and special my last birthday in my 20s was! The texts, Facebook/Instagram posts, and calls were enough to make my heart burst with thankfulness. And I mean that.
I pray that any good you see in me points to Jesus himself.
He's the hero of my story.

I was given gifts I don't deserve and spoiled rotten by friends and family and especially by both of my boys. It was a day spent doing things I love with people I adore.
I feel so loved and am so grateful for 29.
This will definitely go down as one of my favorite birthdays!


My sweet friend Ashley picked Nolan and me up and treated us to breakfast at B. Matthew's Eatery downtown. I had never eaten there, and it was SUPER good.


After breakfast, we took the boys to Forsyth Park to play, and play, and play......










Thank you, Ash, for such a fun morning!
We beat the rain home and while it poured outside, inside Nolan napped, and I snuggled up with a cup of my favorite coffee that my hubby surprised me with (my favorite flowers too!), did a little online shopping, and read a book.


Later that night, we ordered Chinese take-out (#GLORY) and watched Beauty and the Beast (because, I mean duh) on the floor in the living room. It was seriously the perfect ending to my special day.



Yellow cake with chocolate frosting from Publix. 
Gracing us with its presence at Meag's birthdays for many years and counting!



Tonight, I date that little boy's daddy with dinner (probably Mexican) and a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment