Saturday, March 29, 2014

An Infatuation

My body is changing. There is just no denying it. I am 18 weeks and 5 days today. I know there will be seasons when throughout my bodily changes I'll be tempted to gripe and complain and wish I had my "old body back." But for now...

I am truly infatuated with it all. 

I want to remember this time in my pregnancy. This very moment. When I knew what it felt like to whole-heartedly embrace the sleeping, the stretching, the itching, and the widening. There is LIFE inside of me. And it brings me more joy to know that my belly will grow and my body will adjust so that soon, he or she will be here to love on and to learn from. So that one day, my husband can hold him or her for the first time. 
And I'll relish in that moment too. 

I bought my first items of maternity clothing this week: a couple of pairs of straight-leg jeans (a must-have in my wardrobe), a couple of sports bras (again...a must-have these days), a pair of shorts, and a little black dress. I had the best time sifting through all of the clothes I would one day grow into.

We'll know for forever and always whether we'll be raising a daughter or a son first in 5 days. FIVE DAYS! Kevin and I genuinely wish for nothing other than a healthy, steadily growing baby in there. Boy or girl...it makes no difference to us. Day dreaming about each brings huge smiles to our faces and fills our hearts with almost more excitement than we can contain.

So my prayer at this point in time goes a little something like this:
Lord, I recognize that you are the Sustainer of Life. And I am so thankful that you choose to sustain the little life inside of me. Please help me to embrace my body throughout the rest of my days as a pregnant mommy. And even in the days that follow. Remind my heart that my identity and confidence don't stem from the way I look on the outside. My identity and confidence come from who I am in You and what Jesus has already done for me. By the way, I'm just so thankful for a husband who will pause each day, just to lay next to me and try to feel our baby move. His small actions of love and affections say so much.
I love You, and my little family.








1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you both. I just looked at your photo post of this photo and before. I can see the love you share and know you will both love this baby with joined hearts just as you love each other.
    Ann Smith, Connection Church

    ReplyDelete